As the holiday season approaches, it is the perfect opportunity to elevate your makeup look with a touch of glamour. Whether you are attending a festive event or simply desire to add a touch of sparkle to your daily routine, holiday glamour makeup is the way to go!
To achieve the perfect holiday glamour makeup look, try out our following tips:
Begin with a clean and moisturized canvas
Prior to applying any cosmetics, ensure that your skin is thoroughly cleansed and hydrated. Using the right moisturizer will help to smooth and even out the skin, creating a flawless base for your cosmetics. This will allow your makeup to glide on smoothly and remain vibrant for an extended period of time. We recommend ElaSpa SPF 20 moisturizing cream for deep moisture that lasts all day.
Invest in high-quality makeup brushes
Cheap brushes can be harsh on the skin and leave unsightly streaks, so it is worth the investment to obtain a set of superior brushes. These will greatly improve the final outcome of your makeup as they create a balanced complexion. Our Kabuki Brush is the perfect tool to help you evenly apply your loose or pressed powder. In fact, it is one of the best brush out there for blending liquid foundation or cream blushes.
Opt for a bold eye look
The holiday season is the ideal time to experiment with shimmering and bold colours that can create a dramatic and captivating gaze. Try tightlining your waterline with a vibrant, colourful Eye Pencil or creating an elegant and sophisticated cat eye using Liquid Eyeliner. Our Shimmer Eye Pencil can be used in the corners of your eyes to add that extra little sparkle and brightness!
Use a waterproof, long-lasting mascara
No one desires raccoon eyes at a holiday gathering, so be sure to use waterproof, long-lasting mascara to keep your lashes looking full and fluttery all evening! Our Mascaras are resistant to smudging and fading, ensuring that your eye makeup stays put throughout the night.
Add a pop of colour to your lips
A bold lip is the perfect finishing touch for a glamorous, festive makeup look. Consider a classic red shade or experiment with a more unconventional hue such as a deep purple or a cheery, festive red.
Enhance your features and get that radiant, cheery glow with highlighter
Highlighter is a great tool for adding dimension and a radiant finish to your makeup look. Apply our Shimmer Eye Pencil to the high points of your face, such as your cheekbones, brow bones, and Cupid's bow, for a subtle yet noticeable glow.
We love that joyous holiday shine, just not on our skin
Keep shine at bay with blotting paper. Throughout the evening, your skin may become shiny due to oil production or environmental factors. Our Geisha Face Blotting Paper is a quick and easy way to lift excess shine without disturbing your makeup. Simply press a sheet of blotting paper onto the shiny areas of your skin and watch the shine disappear!
By following these tips, you will be well-equipped to execute a stunning holiday glamorous makeup look that will surely turn heads and imbue you with holiday cheer. Do not be afraid to experiment and have fun with your cosmetics – after all, it is the holiday season!
Looking for inspiration? Our model Claire is modeling a perfectly glamorous holiday look that has bold, rich colours and luminescent, shimmery highlights. Featuring Amaterasu products, you can easily create this look all on your own for the holidays!
- Brows: Liquid Brow Liner in the shade “chestnut” to create a naturally full, arched brow.
- Eyes: Eye Pencil in the shade “Black” applied along her lower lash line to create an illusion of larger eyes. Liquid Eyeliner in the shade “Black” used on her eyelid to create a sharp, defined wing. Our Massive Length Mascara applied to upper and lower lashes to lengthen and volumize the lashes. Our Shimmer Eye Pencil in the shade “Gold” is applied to the inner corners of Claire’s eyes to illuminate and brighten the entire eye look.
- Skin: loose mineral powder and blush is applied with our Kabuki Brush for a light and smooth touch up of the skin.
- Highlighter: Shimmer Eye Pencil is lightly applied to the brow bones to create the illusion of a lifted brow and create a more youthful appearance. The highlighter pencil is also applied to the cupid's bow (upper lid) and at the tip of the nose to accentuate and lift her bone structure.
- Lips: Creamy maroon lipstick with clear gloss applied on top for an elegant holiday pop of colour.
From all of us at Amaterasu