What is blotting paper?
Learn about this unique Kyoto Best Kept Secret Here
Aburatorigami is the original and most authentic Japanese Blotting Paper. This premium quality paper is very sheer. It will feel soft and comfy on the skin. Since the Edo Period (1603-1868), Geisha woman and kabuki actors alike have been using traditional Japanese blotting paper or "aburatorigami" in between performances to remove excess oil and keep their makeup looking fresh.
What is blotting paper used for?
Many makeup artists use this blotting paper onset or during photoshoots to lift away shine and oil, thus keeping the makeup looking and feeling fresh on their models. This blotting paper is perfect to have to help maintain the freshness of your makeup throughout the day.
Authentic Aburatorigami Blotting Paper from Kyoto, Japan
Effectively lift shine or sweat from the face without disturbing your makeup
Can be used on bare skin
Easy to use
Free from: alcohol, talc, preservatives, bleach
Why use oil blotting papers?
Blotting paper for oily skin benefits
- Made from the highest grade of the abaca leaf
- Lifts oil from the face without disturbing makeup
- Sheer, thin, and perfectly portable
- Won’t cause discomfort or irritation like thicker, lower quality blotting paper
- 5-6 times more absorbent than other blotting paper products
- Gentle and safe on skin
Why Use Blotting Paper?
How to Use Blotting Paper?
- Take out a sheet from the packet.
- Firmly press the paper on the oily areas of your face, especially the "T-zone" (the forehead, nose, chin, and the area around the mouth).
- Leave the blotting paper on your skin for a moment, allowing the sheet to fully absorb the excess oil.
- To prevent removing makeup, avoid rubbing the paper across your skin.
- Use as often as needed to remove excess oil.
Blot Paper Ingredients:
Traditional Japanese Aburatorigami Blotting Paper made from Abaca Leaf.
Learn more about our popular makeup products like:
- Liquid eyeliner
- 24 hour eyeliner,
- Vegan eyeliner
- Lengthening mascara
- Volume mascara
- Liquid brow pen
- Paraben free makeup
- Geisha Makeup