TOP REASONS WHY AMATERASU TUBING MASCARA IS SO GOOD
Truly smudge proof, water resistant and long lasting are just a few of the top reasons why tubing mascara is so good. So what makes it work so well and why isn’t it more popular? These were my main questions that I put to Amaterasu creator Sara Au Yeong and here are some of the tidbits I gleaned from our conversation.
REGULAR MASCARA (OIL BASED)
Regular mascara uses an oil base and goes on creamier than tubing mascara. It basically paints and coats the lashes.
TUBING MASCARA (POLYMER BASED)
Tubing mascara is not oil based, but rather polymer based and it goes on wet and dries quickly. Tubing mascara is so good because it literally creates a tube around your lash, hence the name. Why is this tube important? Well, it creates a sort of protective shield for your lashes so that many of the pesky and annoying things that occur with regular mascara is avoided.
THE TOP REASONS WHY TUBING MASCARA IS SO GOOD
- Because it’s not oil based, if it gets onto your skin, it won’t be absorbed into the skin which often happens with regular mascara (hence the raccoon eyes)
- It flakes off, so if it does get on your skin, you can easily brush it off
- You can touch your eye lashes all you want and the mascara stays put (see below for how you actually remove it)
- It truly is sweat proof (I’ve ran 5km with sweat dripping down my face and the mascara stayed as flawless as when it was first applied)
- It comes out easily by massaging your lashes gently with your fingertips and warm water (hurray for simplicity and ease)
- Crying won’t ruin it – unless of course, you start gently massaging your eyes while crying (see point above)
Thanks for reading!
Until next time,